Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Move 'em out...

After the preparation, anticipation, and vacation, the time has come for resignation:  tomorrow, Alex begins his career with the Army National Guard.  I dropped him off about an hour ago.  The nest is officially empty.

I thought my first post after he was gone would be filled with philosophical musings, but right now I just feel two basic emotions:  sadness and pride.  I will miss my boy more than I can say, but I am so proud of what he's doing and the man he's becoming.  He's got a world of possibilities ahead of him - what an exciting time in his life!!

*** UPDATE: Wednesday, September 8 ***

Alex unexpectedly went straight to Fort Benning today. He was supposed to stay at Fort Dix in NJ for about a week. Instead, they flew them down to Georgia this afternoon.  Not sure when I'll hear from him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment