Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Today is Thanksgiving Day.  I miss my child so much and wish he were here with me today.  But he's got his Dad with him down in Georgia, so he's with someone who loves him as much as I do.  And he called last night and spoke to his grandparents, his aunts and uncle, and his little cousins.  So I'm sure he feels even a little more connected to home.

He's missing out on a lot this Thanksgiving:
  • Mom Mom's delectable escarole soup
  • Mom Mom's amazing stuffing (my grandmother's recipe, created more than 50 years ago)
  • pumpkin pie
  • playing with his little cousins
  • sitting around the table and laughing with family

But he's experiencing and learning so much:
  • discipline
  • teamwork
  • perseverance
  • honor
  • loyalty
  • sacrifice
These are values that he will carry through the rest of his life, so missing one Thanksgiving at home seems a small price to pay.

Chalie already sent me some pictures of Alex this morning.

Alex, and his friends Dave and Tyler.  I love the beret!!!

"I'm eating donuts omg. I've never loved coffee so much lol." (Actual texts from Alex)


I'm so thankful that Chalie went down to spend this time with him.  I wish I could have afforded to go as well, but there was no way I could have done it.  Graduation is only three weeks away, so I'll see him very soon!!!

Gather your loved ones around you today and be thankful every day for the blessings God has bestowed upon you.  And be thankful for our soldiers who sacrifice to keep us all safe and free.  I know I'm thankful for mine. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! 

1 comment:

  1. God bless Alex and his friends ... and their friends ... and ...

    ReplyDelete