Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Forward, Harch!!

Just got a letter from Alex, and he is moving forward in his training and doing better!

He says "I wake up every day and hate it here. But by the end of morning PT and breakfast, I'm okay. It's just the fact that I'm not a morning person. I'm so used to going to bed at 4 a.m., not waking up then."  He's not kidding about that! When he's not working, he will often stay up most of the night and sleep most of the day.  I was just hoping he'd be used to it by now, but honestly, who could get used to being forcibly woken up at 4 a.m. every day??

He likes the training and most of the people, but he says it's still so hard.  He said most of his drill sergeants are cool; he's looking forward to introducing me to them at graduation.

I was trying not to write him everyday because I didn't want him to get "smoked" (they make them do pushups for every letter they get; don't ask me to explain - it's the Army), but apparently he wants me to:  "Getting mail is the highlight of my day... So please write me a lot." 

And I'm sure he'd want to hear from anyone else who would like to write him or just send him a card of encouragement:

PVT. LEONE, ALEXANDER #319
CHARLIE COMPANY 1-19 IN, TF330
5550 LEONARD DRIVE
FORT BENNING, GA  31905
**Put a blue box around the address and a blue "3" on the
back, right side of the envelope**



I'm going to try to start writing him every day now, even if there's nothing exciting to report.  Then again... we have the Phillies!! I'm already keeping him posted about that.  His letter actually began:  "Good to hear about the Phillies winning the NL East for a 4th time in a row!"  It's so weird to think that they are so cut off from the world - he has no idea what's going on.  My last letter told him about Halladay's no-hitter! I can't wait until he hears about that!  I want him to have bragging rights in the barracks!

I'm so relieved to hear that he's doing better; it's been killing me not knowing for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment